Monday, May 9, 2011

Magic Wands






Not too much going on in the shop. Had a chance to play around a bit and make a new wand, so i thought I'd show it off and a few of the others I've done. The longest one, made from the dark wood, is about 17 inches and I think it's a real good size. The smallest one is one of the first I made and fits my daughter's five year old hand very well. I've been thinking of making a few to take down to a local comic book and gaming store to see if they'd like to sell them there. Great gifts for a Harry Potter fan.

In other news I got my coring system delivered and I've been playing around with it. In theory it allows me to core out the center of a larger bowl to make smaller bowls from the same piece of wood, making a true nested set of bowls. I've yet to get it to work how I think it's supposed to but the more I play with it the easier it gets. I might have something to show from it in the near future.

No comments: